Monday, February 14, 2005

Taming the Resentment Beast

I shared last night that I'm having some resentment issues with a particular person in my life. It's all money related, and I'm getting really tired of wasting good recovery time and energy on this person. But, I feel justified in being angry. This is a very dangerous thing for me. My sponsor has told me time and time again in my recovery that a justified resentment is one of the most dangerous things to staying clean. So, I'm trying to work a first step and first tradition on this. I'm trying to accept my powerlessness over her financial decisions and move on. There is really nothing I can do to stop her from wasting her money and then crying to me about not having any. And, sometimes (by way of the 1st tradition) we have to give more in a relationship or situation and not expect more in return for the good of the group. What's important is my son, and I have to keep that at the forefront of my mind. And, even more important is my recovery. Anyway, I feel better. For those of you who know me, no, I'm not talking about Red......

0 comments: